Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Perfect Little Princesses

I went to Atlanta to visit Marc, Michael, and the girls for a week and had an amazing time! I'll start by saying that Kate and Eliza are absolutely gorgeous and are just the sweetest babies! They have cute little personalities already and are a joy to spend time with.
Miss Kate has a very spunky personality and makes the funniest faces! She appears to be able to take on the world, and has a confidence to her already, even at 2 months old. Her eyes are big and expressive and she loves to be up looking around at everything going on. She is going to be the comic relief in the house. She made me laugh every day! She is also the big eater of the two. She downs her bottles and waits for more! She slept pretty well most nights that I was there. She would get up once in the middle of the night for a bottle, but went right back to sleep until morning. She's more of a light sleeper and grunts and moves around a little more than her sister during the night, but still slept really well, especially for being only 10 weeks old.
Eliza Jane has a very sweet and soft personality and just smiles all the time! She seems to be the more innocent and vulnerable type, even though we know how tough and strong she really is just by the way she entered the world! Her baby browns just pull you in and you find yourself willing to do anything she wants. She likes to coo and makes the sweetest little noises. She will definitely steal the hearts of many! Although she started out weighing the most at birth, she has fallen a little behind Kate since she isn't so much into eating. She takes her sweet time getting through a bottle. She was sleeping through the night most of the evenings that I was there visiting. She's a very peaceful sleeper and doesn't make a sound, which made this worrier get up and check to make sure she was breathing about every hour when I was on night patrol. :)
The girls both loved to play on their little baby gym mat every day and would kick and bat at the toys happily. They really like going outside! They go on a walk every morning in the stroller in their beautiful neighborhood. It's gorgeous - lots of trees and flowers, and all of the neighbors were as friendly as could be. If they ever got fussy, you could take them outside, and they were immediately happy again. I, on the other hand, almost burst into flame from the heat, but I'm glad these little Georgia peaches are happy with the climate they live in. :)
Marc and Michael have the girls on a routine that works well for everyone. They are far more organized than I ever was with my kids! The girls ate on a pretty set schedule and had a bath every night, followed by bedtime. They are so funny in the bath! They kick and splash and enjoy the water more than any babies I've ever seen! However, they do not appreciate being taken out of the bath! They protest loudly every night when that time comes. They have the cutest room - a blue sky with clouds is painted on the ceiling, pretty pink bedding in a beautiful white crib, a pastel green rocking chair, and their names in cute letters that their aunt and cousin made them on little shelves, along with precious mementos like Marc's grandparent's baby shoes and Michael's sock monkey from his childhood. Perfect for two little princesses!

They have some pretty cool items that weren't around when my kids were babies. They have what is basically a baby bottle Keurig. You just put a bottle under it - press a button for how many ounces you want, and viola! Any mother who has had to make a bottle under the pressure of a screaming child - trying to measure out powder, mix it, warm the water to the right temperature, etc. will appreciate how wonderful this invention is! Amazing.
Marc and Michael have a beautiful home, and live in a really nice area. It doesn't feel like a big city at all where they are located. There are lots of people out walking, jogging, riding bikes, etc. and it almost looks like it's inside a little forest with lots of pretty trees, a little creek, gorgeous flowers. We met several of their friends and they were so welcoming and hospitable. I fell in love with all of them, and can't wait to see them again. They are some of the nicest, funniest, and sweetest people I've met. I also have to say one of the best looking groups of people I've ever spent time with too! I need to get myself in shape before going back because this is one beautiful group of people! It was quite a pleasure to spend time with them. :)
The guys made us feel very much at home. Marc made a delicious meal each night, and we went to two parties with delicious food and drinks too. Marc kept his promise on making me some margaritas, and I had at least one every night I think. :)
I can't tell you how much I loved seeing the guys interact with Kate and Eliza. They are so obviously head over heels over these girls. They are two of the best fathers in the world. I'm so happy that I was able to help them become parents because they are incredible at it.
I had a pretty emotional departure on Monday. It was really difficult leaving, knowing that it will be a while before I see them again. They are growing so quickly right now, and I hate the thought of not being there to witness it. I have a special bond with them that will never be broken, and I'll love them always. It was a magical week getting to kiss on them and spoil them all week. I hated that it had to end, and am so grateful that the guys invited me into their home to share this special time with the girls. I did miss my own babies at home terribly though, and was glad to get back to them.
I have reminded Marc that he and Michael are supposed to be writing a blog post sharing the experience of bringing the girls into the world from their point of view, and updating us occasionally to let us know how the girls are doing, and how they are handling parenthood. He says they are "busy". I'm not sure why he thinks that. Really, these girls are so sweet, they basically take care of themselves. Maybe someday they will find the time.... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment